Homemade Cannabis Infused Dog Treats recipe from scratch
In theory, CBD (cannabidiol) treats are a great idea. They’re convenient and easy to give your pet. Cannabidiol (CBD) oil comes from the hemp plant, which is part of the cannabis family. CBD is also found in cannabis, which contains THC, the hallucinogenic component.
But most CBD oils give you the benefits of CBD without the THC. So don’t worry, it isn’t going to make your dog “high”.
Research shows that CBD oil is a very effective natural immune system support. It’s also proven to be valuable for managing and preventing:
- Arthritis and joint pain
- Digestive issues
- Neurological disorders (such as seizures and epilepsy)
- Blood disorders
- Tumors and cancers
It also fights off free radicals to help prevent the development of cancerous cells. Knowing this, it’s easy to see why people are choosing to give CBD treats to their dogs. But are they the best option?
Reports show that CBD plays a major role in supporting pets with a wide range of health issues. Because of this, we’ve seen a great number of different pet CBD products on the market. So much financial interest has been generated in the pet CBD industry.
Now the problem is some of these products are being developed specifically for their marketability. Although they look really good on the shelf, their manufacturers don’t necessarily have a concern for efficacy or sustainability.
We’re seeing many products that have been developed with flavor additives and preservatives. This is done to try and differentiate them from other products in this seemingly new and competitive market. The ingredients aren’t chosen because they support health. They do, however, sound good from a marketing perspective. Often times these treats are poorly made. They use lower quality ingredients and very low grades of hemp oil (or crude oil as it’s known in the industry).
But now you can wear a smile on your face, this recipe reveals how you can make your CBD Dog treats from the comfort of your kitchen. You don’t have to spend so much and the ingredients are readily available. Check them out below.
- 2 cups oats
- 1 ripe mashed banana
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon 99% CBD Isolate infused coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 3250F
- Mix 8 tablespoons of coconut oil with the entire 99% CBD Isolate
- Add oats to a blender or a food processor and pulse until a flour-like consistency is achieved
- Combine mashed banana, peanut butter, and infused coconut oil in a medium-sized bowl
- Stir in flour and knead until moistened
- Turn dough upon a surface lightly dusted with flour
- Use your hands to skillfully shape dough into a 1/4-inch thick circle
- Use any cookie cutter to cut out treats, then place on a parchment-lined cookie sheet or non-stick cookie sheet
- Bake until golden – approximately 25 to 30 minutes
- Makes approximately 30 1-inch treats (4mg of CBD) or 15 2-inch treats (8mg of CBD).
See, it is not as difficult as you think. And of course, it is healthy -that’s our major aim right? The ingredients are readily available and don’t cost so much, so you don’t have to be scared of the cost. This recipe is cost effective and would do your Dog a great deal of goodness.