Homemade Cannabis Infused Pumpkin Milk recipe from scratch
Pumpkin is a type of winter squash that belongs to the Cucurbitaceae family. It’s native to North America and particularly popular around Thanksgiving and Halloween. In the US, pumpkin typically refers to Cucurbita pepo, an orange type of winter squash. In other regions, such as Australia, pumpkin may refer to any type of winter squash.
While commonly viewed as a vegetable, pumpkin is scientifically a fruit, as it contains seeds. That said, it’s nutritionally more similar to vegetables than fruits.
Beyond its delicious taste, pumpkin is nutritious and linked to many health benefits. It is highly nutritious and particularly rich in Vitamin A. Besides being packed with vitamins and minerals, pumpkin is also relatively low in calories, as its 94% water. It’s also very high in beta-carotene, a carotenoid that the body turns into vitamin A.
Moreover, pumpkin seeds are edible, nutritious and linked to numerous health benefits. Due to their Antioxidant properties, they may reduce the Risk of Chronic Diseases caused by free radicals. Such diseases include heart diseases and cancer.
Test-tube and animal studies have shown that these antioxidants protect skin against sun damage and lower the risk of cancer, eye diseases and other conditions.
Furthermore, Pumpkins are packed with Vitamins that may boost immunity. Pumpkin is high in vitamins A and C, which can help boost your immune system. Its supply of vitamin E, iron and folate may strengthen your immunity as well. Imagine infusing this seemingly nutritious seed with CBD, awesome right? Yes, you can enjoy the therapeutic benefits of CBD while you enjoy your pumpkin inform of milk. Checkout this recipe and make yourself CBD pumpkin milk from the convenience of your kitchen.
- 2 cups unsweetened vanilla coconut milk
- 1/3 cup organic pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon organic ground turmeric root
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 2 teaspoons CBD oil
- 1 pinch of finely ground black pepper
- Simmer the coconut milk in a small saucepan.
- In a bowl, blend the pumpkin puree, CBD oil, honey, and all of the spices
- Blend well until completely mixed while making sure there are no lumps of spices
- Once the coconut milk is simmering, pour in the other ingredients slowly
- Blend well by scraping the saucepan down with a spatula to ensure everything is incorporated
- Stir together until frothy
- Serve immediately with additional cinnamon or turmeric sprinkled on top
- Start with this base; you can adjust spices and sweeteners to your satisfaction. Enjoy!
Pumpkin is delicious, versatile and easy to add to your diet.
Its sweet flavor makes it a popular ingredient in dishes like custards, pies and pancakes. However, it works just as well in savory dishes such as roasted vegetables, soups and pastas. Pumpkins have a very tough skin, so it requires some effort to slice. Once you cut it, scoop out the seeds and any stringy parts, and then slice the pumpkin into wedges.
Pumpkin is also available pre-cut or canned, giving you flexibility with your recipes and preparation. When buying canned, be sure to read labels carefully as not all products will be 100% pumpkin and you may want to avoid added ingredients, particularly sugar.
The easiest way to eat pumpkin is to season it with salt and pepper and roast it in the oven. Many people also enjoy making it into pumpkin soup, especially during winter.